In this guide, you will find answers to frequently asked questions about the Tartu University e-mail address.
- An e-mail account and e-mail address have been created for all students of the University of Tartu.
- The email address is in the format firstname.lastname@example.org and it can be accessed both by using email applications (Outlook, Thunderbird) as well as the web interface http://mail365.ut.ee or http://kiri.ut.ee.
- The technical solution of the email account uses the services of Microsoft Exchange Online and aims to ensure that all study-related information reaches all students smoothly and that all students can use the full functionality of the university’s information systems, including Teams and SharePoint.
- The username and password of University of Tartu must be used for e-mail access, username must be entered in the form email@example.com (for example, user Tuuli Tudeng enters firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You have the right to use this email account while studying at the university.
- University members have the right to use the university's e-mail address.
- The members of the University are listed in the Statutes of the University and include the members of the University Council, the Rector, students, employees, doctoral residents, professors emeritus, associate professors emeritus, honorary doctors and honorary members
- E-mail addresses are automatically created for employees, students, international students, external students, visiting students and international visiting students.
- Other persons entitled to the account due to membership include members of the University Council, the Rector, doctoral residents, professors emeritus, associate professors emeritus, honorary doctors and honorary members.
- If a student has several names or surnames (or both), the email address is created using all of them. The names are separated by a full stop.
- E.g. email@example.com
- A student can apply for a shorter email address by contacting the IT helpdesk. All such requests are considered case by case.
- The email addresses are created in the Microsoft Office 365 environment and allow the students to use the full range of Microsoft Office 365 solutions, including Teams and SharePoint.
- The created email address forms an integral part of the university’s information system
- For instance, the account will allow using collaboration calendars, add students to Office 365 groups and enable students to receive different notifications sent by the information system
- In justified cases (and if the person has been identified), the inbox can be transferred in the corresponding Exchange archive format (*.pst)
- The email archive is retained for two years
- You can access the UT email account while studying at the university. Access will be removed after your last semester.
This page has no comments.