In this guide, you can find instructions on setting up the proxy server used at the University of Tartu on a device with the Windows operating system.
To use a proxy server, the operating system and web browser settings must be configured accordingly:
- Configure the proxy based on your operating system.
- Configure the proxy based on your web browser.
Activate proxy settings
- Open proxy settings using Windows Start menu or the search bar → type Proxy settings → Open the search result.
- In the next window, locate Use setup script and click Set up.
- Configure as following:
- Activate Use setup script.
- In the Script address field, enter http://www.ut.ee/utlib.pac.
- Click Save.
- Open Windows Start menu or the search bar and type Internet Options to open Internet options configuration.
- In the next window, open the Connections tab and click LAN settings.
- In the next window, make sure a checkmark is present before the Automatically detect settings button and click OK.
- If the last step did not work for some reason, try adding a checkmark in front of Use automatic configuration script and enter http://www.ut.ee/utlib.pac in the Address field. Then click OK.
- NB! Before changing Mozilla Firefox settings, you have to had followed the instructions for configuring the operating system's proxy server.
From the Mozilla Firefox menu, select Options (three parallel lines on the top-right of your screen) and select Settings.
- Scroll down and from the Network Settings section, select Settings.
- Select Use system proxy settings and click OK.
- If that did not work for some reason, select Automatic proxy configuration URL and insert http://www.ut.ee/utlib.pac into the corresponding field and click OK.
- After enabling the Microsoft Windows proxy settings, Google Chrome automatically uses the system settings.
Deactivate proxy settings
- Open Network & internet → Proxy → from Use setup script select Set up.
- Make sure Use setup script is turned off and click Save.
- To disable the UT proxy on Microsoft Edge, open LAN settings and remove the checkmark before Automatically detect settings/Use automatic configuration script. Then click OK.
- In Network Settings, select the No proxy option and click OK.
- Google Chrome uses the operating system's (Microsoft Windows) proxy settings. To disable, deactivate Microsoft Windows proxy settings.
This page has no comments.